Sunday, March 6, 2016

Center of God's Will

Every believer strives daily to be in the Center of God's will. The problem is we have our own idea of what that looks like.  I was no exception.  I was sure I knew what would put me in the center of God's will, and it seemed no matter how hard I tried, I was moving farther away from it with every effort.

What?  How could this be?  I have done everything the Bible says, and my life looks nothing like I thought it would!  (Insert twilight zone music here)

Remember, it's the Center of "God's"will for me, not my own will, that I was supposed to be striving for.  However upon inspection of my efforts in the last few years, I was much more concerned with what I wanted than what God had in mind.  By putting my own desires before God's plan, I made myself miserable, depressed, and frustrated.  I wasn't really myself anymore.

I would love to say that it took weeks of fasting and praying.  I would love to say that I spent weeks and weeks in intense Bible Study.  Instead, I sat down and had a little talk with God.  The next day, it was like I had a crazy drastic brain surgery.  Yes, sometimes God answers prayers in a blink of an eye.  Even more insane, absolutely nothing in my situation or my life changed.  Miraculously, for the first time in many years, I was seeing my own life through God's eyes, instead of my own.

All of the sudden, I realized that I had nothing to worry about.  I was walking in the center of God's will right now!  I work a fun job with an incredible group of people.  In fact, anywhere you work where you have a squirt gun in your desk drawer is a winner!  I get to minister to amazing kids every single week and teach along side dedicated, loving volunteers.  I have a Pastor who shares my heart for evangelism. AND, I have the most hilarious family on the face of the planet.  What am I so worried about?  I'm happy and God can use me right where I am!

I used to spend so much time worrying about what people thought of me.  All of the sudden, I didn't care!  As long as I am living out Ephesians 5:1-2  "Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God."  I'm good!  (By the way if you continue to read this passage, it gets very specific on how we should live)  But as long as I am living my life for God and loving God's people, I am not worried about what people say about me.  The only opinion that matters to me is God's!  Do you know how free I am right now?

I can honestly say I am living a life of Joy like I never have before.  I know that if I live for God every single day, read the Word, pray, and share the love and heart of God with the World in everything that I do... I'm there... I've done it.  I am living in the center of the will of God.

Does that mean everything in my life is perfect?  NOOOOO!!!  This life will never be perfect.  God is good, and He loves me and wants what's best for me.  So I will trust him with those things I am still praying for like a husband and children.  He knows my heart and he will answer in His time.  For now, I am going to SMILE and live with the peace of knowing I am in the center of the will of God.

So how about you?  Are you letting God drive or are you trying to control where your life is heading?  It's so much better when we allow ourselves to rest in the center of God's will.  Trust Me... or if you need another witness..check out this song by TobyMac.


No comments:

Post a Comment