Saturday, February 21, 2015

Morning Worship

Have you ever woken up with a song on your heart?  You hear it so clearly as if all of heaven has set up in your room, right where you're at, and begun to sing with such a power it almost brings you to tears?

That has been my morning!  I woke up to all of Heaven singing Praises to an awesome, mighty, holy God!  It is impossible to ignore God when He starts your day that way.  So, I grabbed my Bible and began to search the Word of God.  He encouraged me to rejoice today!  God took me to a very familiar portion of scripture in Philippians.  As you begin to read what the Word of the Lord says, you need to remember that when Paul wrote this letter to the Philippians he was sitting in prison.  It totally changes the impact of this passage.  As he sits there, himself in prison, he says to them...

Philippians 4:4-9
"Rejoice in the Lord always.  I will say it again:  Rejoice!  Let your gentleness be evident to all.  The Lord is near.  Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true , whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.  Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me - put into practice.  And the God of peace will be with you."

Rejoice!  Get your praise on!  No matter what in life has come against you...Rejoice!  I call this passage the "Don't Worry, Be Happy" text.  We spend so much of our lives in worry.  We stress over the things that come against us, things that we have no control over.  I used to be a serious worrier.  I would obsess over every little thing in my life, and I have to be honest I still struggle with that.  I am a natural fixer.  I see a problem or a difficult situation and my natural instinct is to try to fix it.  I have made myself sick a couple of times trying to figure out problems that I had no business messing with.  Stuff happens, the question is how are we going to react to it?

I want to be like Paul!  I want to be one who prays and lays it down.  Am I always successful at that?  NO!  I am the worst, but I strive everyday to grow in this area.  God wants to be invited into that situation.  God can handle any problem you have if you ask.  Then after you do, Rejoice!  Get your praise on.  He is already at work in that situation!  Let God's peace reign over you.  I tend to be a very happy person for the most part.  I am learning that in this life things happen that are just far out of our control.  Why worry?  It's doesn't help the situation, and it just makes you miserable.  I am learning to put on joy and walk away trusting that God's got everything under control.  He loves me and He wants the best for me.

So get your Joy on!  And whatever you do (Like that transition, Ha), whatever you make sure that what  you read, listen to, watch, etc is uplifting and will feed your spirit.  We allow too much junk into our lives via television, radio, movies, and books.  There is material out there that will uplift and encourage you.  Why allow the trash in?  I believe the saying "Garbage in, garbage out."  If all you are feeding your mind with is garbage then that is what is going to manifest from your life.  Read the Word of God, pray, break out your hair brush and have church with some Godly praise music in the middle of your house.  You will usually find me having church in my car!  (Refer to the post:  Drive Safely!)  It isn't always a safe way to drive, but I feel amazing whenever I get to where I'm going!

So today, Rejoice!  Have a party!  God is watching over you, and He will not allow the things of this world to overtake you.  And, I want to share the song that God invaded my morning with.  I encourage you to start this video, close your eyes, raise your hands, and allow God to invade your space.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment