Thursday, February 20, 2014

Do Something!

Ok, so I have to confess that I have a music addiction!  I own more cd's than any one person in the World should.  I can't help myself.  Songs tend to articulate thoughts and feelings in a way that gets down into your heart and stirs your thoughts.  This morning my soundtrack happened to be
 Matthew West's "Into the Light" album. 
By the way if you don't have it, this cd is a must!  A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!
I love every song on this album, and it is not unusual to catch me singing along with it to the top of my lungs.  Trust me, ask some of my kids church kids.  They have caught me more than once singing and having church in my car.  It is the best because you feel like you are alone with God and for some reason whether people can see me or not in my car just does not matter.  It is one of my best Secret Places to get alone with God. 
 
This morning God chose to use the song "Do Something" to stir my heart and mind.  In fact, I can't stop thinking about it.  Here you have to listen to it.....
 

We look around at the World and get so frustrated by the politics, the crime, and the total loss of morals in our country.  We get angry that people in the World go hungry or homeless when there is plenty to go around.  We see lost and hurting people around us, and we look up and ask God why?  I hear the question all the time... why does God let bad things happen to good people?    My question to you is what are you doing about these things?  We have a voice, we have hands so what are we doing to help those around us?  What are we doing to love people who are hurting?  God created me, and he gave me the ability to reach out to others. 
 
God sent his one and only Son to die on the cross for us so I think He is completely within His rights to ask us to step up.  The Word says that we are to Imitate Christ...
Ephesians 5:1-2
"Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God."
 
So if we are to follow God's example, we have some work to do.  We do have the ability to make change in the World around us, but the first step is deciding to get up and "Do Something!" It can be anything.  Get involved with a local homeless shelter, offer to mow the lawn for the elderly lady down the street, volunteer in an after school program, vote in every election (preaching to myself there), smile and say "Hello" when you pass people on the street.  I could go on and on!  Get involved and make your voice heard.  We can't blame God for our own laziness.  It is time we.......
"DO SOMETHING!"
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment